The 118-passenger Sea Adventurer, among the very few vessels in the world specifically constructed for expedition voyages to the far reaches of this remote land. Her ice-strengthened hull permits her to glide easily and safely through ice-strewn waters that are not accessible to conventional cruise vessels. She has advanced communications and navigation equipment, and newly installed, state-of-the-art Sperry Gyrofin stabilizers.
Refurbished in Style
In 1998-1999 the Adventurer had a $13 million conversion done in Scandinavian. She is a handsome expedition vessel, done in the style of great ocean liners when ships were ships. With lots of varnished wood, brass, and wooden decks, the ship has all new outside cabins, with lower beds and private facilities. There is a Main Lounge, bar, Clipper Club, library/card room, gymnasium, sauna, gift shop, and beauty salon. American staff serves American and Continental cuisine. The ship has a fleet of 10 Zodiacs and a special loading platform. An ice class rating of A-1 allows the Clipper Adventurer to go to places larger cruise ships can only dream of, and she does it in comfort and style unsurpassed by other vessels her size.
• Ship accommodations, onboard lectures and access to all public areas.
• All shipboard meals
• Shore excursions and Zodiac cruises
• Sightseeing with an English-speaking guide as described
• Group transfers and baggage handling throughout
• All port dues
• A comprehensive pre-departure guide
• Flights, air taxes and surcharges
• Applicable sales taxes
• Visa fees where required
• Personal items such as internet, laundry, alcohol and soft drinks, and excess baggage charges
• Accommodations, meals and transfers prior to joining and after leaving the group
• Gratuities for ship staff (12-14 USD per passenger, per day)
• Medical insurance (mandatory)
• Trip cancellation insurance
• Additional expenses in the event of delays or itinerary changes
• Fuel surcharge, if applicable, will be added to your invoice at time of final payment.
Gross Tonnage: 4,364
Built: 1975 - Russia
Refurbished 1999: - Scandinavia
Ice Class: A-1
Length: 101 m (330 ft)
Beam: 16.5m (54 ft)
Draft: 4.72m (15.5 ft)
Cruising Speed: 12 knots
Capacity: 118 passengers
Electricity: 220 V.
Stabilizers: Sperry Gyrofin
|Per Person USD|
Rates Arctic 2014
Cat 9 Suite
Cat 10 Owner's Suite
Charter Air: Toronto to Kangerlussuaq.
Discovery Fund $250
30% discount for people under 30
Single cabins are available on at 1.6x the full cruise price. Please note that there is a $250 Discovery Fee for all trips.
CATEGORY 1 & 2 Cabins have very limited availability. Please call for pricing and availability.