With a maximum of 126 passengers, the Expedition provides an intimate small ship cruising experience. Completely refurbished in 2009, she boasts spacious cabins, each featuring ocean-facing windows or portholes and private en-suite facilities. Large common areas and observation decks provide panoramic views of the distinctive landscapes of some of the most remote regions on earth. While many expedition cruise operators will promise you space, comfort or expertise—the Expedition delivers it all and at a price that few can better.
* Built: Helsingr Skibsvaerft, Denmark, 1972 (2009)
* Ice Class: Swedish/Finnish 1B
* Length: 105m (345 ft)
* Breadth: 18.6m (61 ft)
* Max Draft: 4.7m (15 ft)
* Gross Tonnage: 6334 GRT
* Cruising Speed: 14.5 knots
* Stabilizers: Fins, Type Brown/AEG
* Passenger Capacity: 124 (maximum)
* Crew: 53
Facilities and Amenities
* 360° Observation Deck
* Canada Goose Observation Deck
* Fleet of 14 zodiacs
* Complimentary Wellington Boots for duration of your cruise
* Complimentary destination guides for every passenger
* Large Mud Room
* Lonely Planet Library
* Discovery Lounge
* Fine dining – one sitting
* Polar Bear Pub
* Gift Shop
* Medical Clinic
* Computer Room
* Public Telephone
With a focus on safety, comfort and the unique demands of polar travel, the crew of the M/S Expedition is committed to the ship’s continued safe operation.
* Forward-looking sonar reduces the risk of its grounding on uncharted reefs or rocks.
* Designed to Ice Class 1B specifications for service in sea ice.
* Four totally covered liferafts provide capacity for all passengers and crew, while six liferafts boast a capacity of 150 persons.
* Full immersion cold weather survival suits for all passengers and crew
|Per Person USD|
Rates Arctic 2014
Cat 1a Quad
Cat 1 Triple
Single Supplement is 1.6 times the regular price. Please note that evacuation insurance is mandatory on all cruises. Kayaking Excursion limited to 10 people - Rate per person to be determined.
Adventure options must be pre-booked and paid for prior to start of the trip. Space is subject to availability. Some activities require experience.
All trips subject to possible fuel surcharge.